I am obsessed with all things caramel. And chocolate. I also am not the greatest in the kitchen, so my amazing friend Rose Smith (instagram: @rosesmith, snapchat: @rosesmith1) made these for me for her weekly snapchat show called Shake and Bake. I “helped” (got in the way) and then got to eat these amazing treats! They are very rich so a little goes a long way, and all non-vegans loved them too. Enjoy!
Vegan Salted Caramel Slice
- ½ c flour/almond flour
- ½ c almond meal
- ½ c desiccated coconut
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 5 Tbs. coconut oil
- ½ c almond butter
- ½ c pure maple syrup
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ c plus 2tbs raw cacao powder
- ½ c coconut oil
- 4tbs pure maple syrup
- Sea salt flakes
- Pre Heat oven to 350F
- Line and grease 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and coconut oil
- Add all of the base ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix together with a spatula until it is the consistency of wet sand. Press into base of pan
- Bake for 10 mins, when ready leave to cool slightly
- Add all caramel ingredients to a small saucepan, stir with a whisk over medium heat for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and pour over base. Set in freezer for 15 – 20 mins.
- Add all chocolate ingredients to small saucepan and stir constantly with whisk for 2-3 mins until smooth.
- Pour over the caramel layer and return to freezer for 30 mins or until set.
- Just before the chocolate sets, around 20 mins sprinkle with sea salt flakes.