I have a huge playlist on my phone that I love to workout to. It is mostly from the 80’s and covers all genres from that era. There’s nothing better than being halfway through a grueling workout, and a song comes on that makes you smile!
1. Rasputin – Boney M
The lyrics to this song always keep me occupied and amused… Perfect for the tail end of a workout! I recently discovered Disco music, and these guys are by far my favorite.
2. Bizarre love triangle – New Order
This has been a favorite song and artist of mine for a long time, and this song is unbeatable.
3. Invisible touch – Genesis
Genesis is the best! This is only one of many tracks by them on my playlist.
4. Beds are burning – Midnight Oil
Australia represent! The bass to this is so awesome.
5. Just what I needed – The Cars
In case I am ever wondering about why I am working out, this provides a reason
6. I ran (so far away) – Flock of seagulls
This reminds me of playing GTA Vice City, and that provides a lovely mental distraction
7. Obsession – Animotion
Another one that makes me want to dance and laugh simultaneously
8. Just can’t get enough – Depeche Mode
I usually start my workouts with this one. The beat and energy helps get me moving.
9. Road to Nowhere – Talking Heads
David Byrne is my spirit animal.
10. Go your own way – Fleetwood Mac
I cried when I saw them in concert a few years ago, such a fan!